Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using IRAs and retirement plans, life insurance policies and commercial annuities.
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Natural Resources Defense Council as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank, or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank, or financial institution.
Younger than 65?
Your payments depend on your age at the time of the donation. If you are younger than 60, we recommend that you learn more about your options and download this FREE guide, Plan for Retirement With a Deferred Gift Annuity.
See How It Works
How It WorksRead an Example
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and NRDC over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left NRDC a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because NRDC is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our efforts to safeguard the planet.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Prepare for the Future
Create a secure future for you and your loved ones with our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit.Get My Kit
- Contact Michelle Mulia-Howell at 212.727.4421 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support NRDC with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal adviser to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name NRDC in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc.
40 West 20th Street, New York, NY 10011
Federal Tax ID Number: 13-2654926